Since I made a post about the delicious soup at Friday’s I figured I would follow up with the recipe.. which I will be using once I have everything together.
Tgi Friday’s Broccoli Cheese Soup
By Valerie in Florida on April 29, 2005
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 slices kraft cheddar cheese slices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (bite-size)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (to garnish)
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 Combine chicken broth, water, half & half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan.
- 2 Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high.
- 3 Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 4 Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
- 5 For each serving spoon one cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tbsp of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley.